University of Minnesota Morris
Take a Virtual Campus Tour Schedule a Visit Request Info

I-94 Record

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has automated the production of Form I-94, the document of arrival and departure from the United States.  With automation most nonimmigrants entering the U.S. no longer are issued a paper Form I-94 when entering the country.  However, nonimmigrants, including international students, are able to print their own I-94 from a Homeland Security webpage after entering the U.S.

While immigration inspectors no longer give a paper I-94 to nonimmigrants at air and sea ports, they still place an entry stamp in the nonimmigrant’s passport.  Nonimmigrants still must check the stamp to be certain that it shows the correct immigration classification (for example, “F-1” or “H-1B”) and date of expiration (“D/S” for “F” and “J” status).  Persons entering at land border posts and certain other persons will still receive paper I-94 cards.