So you have decided to embark on your college career in the United States at the University of Minnesota, Morris. This is a very courageous decision, and we are here to help you during first steps at Morris. We know you will enjoy all that the Morris campus and community have to offer and you will have a successful academic career.
Here is a list of things you need to do before you arrive in Minnesota:
- Fill out the International Student Confirmation Form—the link to this form is emailed to you by the Coordinator of International Recruitment;
- After you confirm your enrollment, you will receive your I-20 visa document, and important and helpful information from The Office of International Student Program (ISP) about becoming a new student at the University of Minnesota, Morris.
- Initiate your Morris email account.
- You do not need a Social Security Number to fill out this form. Leave the Social Security Number field blank.
- If you do not have your student ID number, please contact us.
- The official form of communication between the University community is our UMM email accounts.
- Consider attending UMM summer intensive English experience, STELLAR
- Apply for a Student visa »
- If you are planning to live on campus, apply for on campus housing with the Office of Residential Life;
- You will need your student ID and your Morris email address.
- Book your flight to arrive at the Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport
- International Student Orientation begins on Tuesday, August 15, 2017. Plan to arrive on Sunday, August 13, 2017 or Monday, August 14, 2017.
- The airport code is MSP. Minneapolis / St. Paul is often called “The Twin Cities.”
- Fill out the online International Student Program Arrival and International Student Orientation Form;
- You must fill out this form if you will be requiring transportation to Morris from the airport.
- Locate and bring a copy of proof of immunization;
- Minnesota law requires that all students be immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, and diphtheria. You must provide in writing the month and year you received each immunization. If you don’t get these vaccinations in your home country, you will be required to receive them after you arrive at your own expense.
- Prepare for Class Registration