- Date: April 2013
- Classification & Title: Information Technology 2723
- Pay rate: $7.50
- Supervisor: Digital Services Coordinator
The Computer Support Assistant provides technology support for the library by assisting in managing software and hardware and assisting patrons and library staff members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technology assistance to library staff and public
- Maintain staff and public workstations and peripherals, including applying and updating virus detection software, browsers, IM clients, and multimedia applications; installing and maintaining peripherals such as printers, barcode scanners; support for other A/V equipment
- Apply system tools (e.g., Symantec Ghost) for management of public workstations
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and current events in information technology (e.g., security alerts)
- Troubleshoot software and hardware problems on public and staff equipment
- Perform equipment repairs as necessary
- Assist in moving and setting up workstations and peripherals, including networking support
- Assist in administration and maintenance of library web applications (e.g. E-reserves, Research Quickstart) and web pages and webpages (e.g. computer support pages such as SciFinder or software sites, staff pages).
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum/Essential Qualifications Needed to Perform Job
Prior experience in an information technology-related position or coursework/training in computer support, including software, hardware, databases, application servers and networking technologies; ability to make independent decisions; high level of responsibility and dependability.
1-2 years working in a library or information technology-related position; experience in equipment repair; experience in server and database administration; experience providing assistance to computer users with technical and procedural information.
*The employer reserves the right to change or add duties to this position as long as the changes and/or additions are consistent with the job classification.