- Date: May 2013
- Classification & Title: 2701 Arts/Communication Entry Level
- Supervisor: Sandy Kill
Interlibrary Loan student workers play an extremely significant and essential role in the efficient daily operations of the Interlibrary Loan Department. They provide support for the Interlibrary Loan Manager and are responsible for processing interlibrary loans at every level.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Download incoming borrowing requests from OCLC and the ILL email account; verify requests, identifying supplier libraries; enter, edit, and transmit requests in OCLC; upload requests from OCLC to management software and update pertinent patron data; file requests.
- Unpack courier totes and open mail; pull item request slips, update request records and print book bands; apply book bands to incoming items; process incoming articles; print and process MEDD slips from the ILL email account.
- Pull returns from the Main Desk; pull corresponding request slips and prepare borrowed items for return; place items in courier tote and package mail-back returns; perform filing for all completed ILL requests and for ILL items currently in use at UMM.
- Download lending requests and verify with Briggs collection; pull items from Briggs shelves; photocopy articles; update request records and print book bands and paperwork; apply book bands and enclose proper paperwork with outgoing items; place items in courier tote or package items for mailing; file paperwork.
- All students are also expected to perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by the ILL supervisor.
Minimum/Essential Qualifications needed to perform jobs
Willingness and ability to work an established schedule; attention to detail; ability to use computers and willingness to learn interlibrary loan system software; ability to work without close supervision; dependability; good communication skills; ability to follow verbal and written instructions; ability to problem solve;
Previous library or service position experience
**The employer reserves the right to change or add duties to this position as long as the changes and/or additions are consistent with the job classification.