Circulation and Technology Support Manager Position
Rodney A. Briggs Library at the University of Minnesota, Morris invites applications from energetic, innovative and service-oriented individuals for the newly created position of Circulation and Technology Support Manager. Reporting to the library director, the successful candidate will manage the library’s circulation desk as well as work with the UMM Disabilities Services Coordinator in supporting student needs related to assistive/adaptive technology accommodations and the Briggs Library Digital Services Coordinator in providing technology assistance.
- a bachelor’s degree in instructional technology, computer science, library and information science or a closely related field
- experience and/or familiarity with assistive/adaptive technologies
- a working knowledge of legislation pertinent to higher education and disability
- experience troubleshooting technology programs, familiarity with instructional technology concepts
- ability to accommodate a regular work schedule that includes evening and weekend hours
- a strong service orientation; excellent communication skills and an ability to promote a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace.
- a master’s degree in Instructional Technology, Information Technology, Library and Information Science or a related field
- supervisory experience
- two years’ experience working with diverse populations, including students with disabilities
- familiarity with universal design precepts and certification in Assistive/Adaptive Technology.
The starting rate for this full-time, 12-month position is $19.69 per hour. Review of applications will begin December 1, 2014 and continue until filled. A complete application includes a cover letter, resume and the names of three references familiar with the applicant’s qualifications. College transcripts will be required before an on-campus interview. An offer of employment will be made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. To apply go to:
Morris values diversity in its students, faculty and staff. Morris is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our community through their teaching, research and/or service because we believe that diversity enriches the University experience for everyone. The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To request disability accommodation or material in alternative forms contact: UMM Human Resources (320) 589-6024, Room 309 Behmler Hall, Morris, MN 56267.