Circulation and Technology Support Manager Position
Rodney A. Briggs Library at the University of Minnesota, Morris invites applications from energetic, innovative and service-oriented individuals for the newly created position of Circulation and Technology Support Manager. Reporting to the library director, the successful candidate will manage the library’s circulation desk as well as work with the UMM Disabilities Services Coordinator in supporting student needs related to assistive/adaptive technology accommodations and the Briggs Library Digital Services Coordinator in providing technology assistance.
- a bachelor’s degree
- experience troubleshooting software and hardware problems
- ability to accommodate a regular work schedule that includes evening and weekend hours
- a master’s degree in Instructional Technology, Information Technology, Library and Information Science or a related field
- experience and/or familarity with assistive/adaptive technologies, including AC devices, computer access tools and software, low tech devices and other acommodations related to the needs of students with disabilities
- strong service orientation
- supervisory experience
- ability to promote a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace
- familiarity with instructional technology concepts universal design technology
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- ability to work in a collegial and collaborative environment
- working knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (as amended in 2008)
- familiarity with both PC and Mac platforms
- organizational and managerial skills
The starting rate for this full-time, 12-month position is $19.69 per hour. Review of applications will begin March 30, 2015 and continue until filled. A complete application includes a cover letter, resume and the names of three references familiar with the applicant’s qualifications. College transcripts will be required before an on-campus interview. An offer of employment will be made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Morris values diversity in its students, faculty and staff. Morris is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our community through their teaching, research and/or service because we believe that diversity enriches the University experience for everyone. The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To request disability accommodation or material in alternative forms contact: UMM Human Resources (320) 589-6024, Room 309 Behmler Hall, Morris, MN 56267.