- April 2013
- Classification & Title: Clerical and Administrative Support 2781
- Pay rate: $7.50
- Supervisors: Kristi Erickson, Mickey Hickman, Shirley Miller, Jayne Blodgett.
This position requires knowledge of three technical processing areas of the library. Therefore, time management and communication skills and the ability to work independently are all essential. The assistant has responsibilities in the processing of new acquisitions in all formats as well as clerical and office duties.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Unpack new materials and match incoming materials with corresponding invoices
- File book requests and invoices
- Match new materials with arrival slips
- Process new and donated materials in all formats (books, DVDs, government documents, etc.)
- Assist in updating the Technical Services Student Manual
- Perform minor book repair and re-label materials where appropriate
- Assist in periodical collection processing and stack maintenance, including shelf reading and inventory.
- Assist with clerical duties such as photocopying, office supply management, mail sorting and delivering documents to other campus offices.
Minimum/Essential Qualifications Needed to Perform Job
Ability to do detailed and repetitive work with attention to accuracy and detail; basic skills in alphabetizing, filing, keyboarding and general computing; legible printing; good time management skills; ability to work independently; good communication skills; ability to follow directions and work effectively with others; must be able to comply with a schedule of daily, consistent work hours.
The employer reserves the right to change or add duties to this position as long as the changes and/or additions are consistent with the job classification. If needed or upon employers’ discretion with authorization from financial aid office.