The Briggs Library instruction staff, made up of reference librarians with subject specializations, offers the following instructional services throughout the year.
- Library orientation for new students
- Information literacy sessions as an integral part of many first-year courses, providing an overview of Briggs Library’s resources
- In depth library research sessions tailored to individual discipline classes
- Personalized instruction in research with extensive practice on computers
- Workshops tailored to the demands of course instructors
- Workshops on new information technologies for faculty and interested individuals
- The opportunity for an embedded librarian in your classroom
When you’re ready to request a library session or if you need further information about the instruction program, please contact Melissa Engleman.