Sandy Kill, Interlibrary loan (ILL) manager
Briggs Library 254
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a resource sharing service available to all faculty, students, and staff affiliated with the University of Minnesota, Morris as well as members of the Rodney A. Briggs Library Associates. Briggs Library does not assess any fees for ILL. Materials borrowed through ILL are subject to the same circulation policies and late fees as Briggs library materials.
- Books, thesis, dissertaions, microfilm, and government publications
- DVDs, CDs, and VHS tapes
- Copies of journal and newspapers articles and excerpts of larger works
- Items owned by Briggs Library, but missing or checked out
- Entire journal volumes
- Entertainment DVDs newer than one year
- Reference materials
- Rare or valuable materials
- Rosetta Stone language kits
- Materials for course reserve use
- Unpublished manuscripts
Methods of Initiating Interlibrary Loan Requests
- From the “Full View” of the record, click on “Request this title from another campus”
- Authenticate yourself by entering your University of Minnesota ID and password.
- Fill out the form. Many blanks can be ignored when requesting the entire work.
- Click on submit.
- If text is entered in the Comment Section, the request is automatically forwarded to the Morris ILL office and extra processing is involved. If the Comment Section is left blank, the request is forwarded immediately to the owning library.
- Open the detailed record for the item desired. and click on the ILL icon (looks like two buildings) found on the upper left corner of the page.
- Complete the form (including date needed in YYYYMMDD format), and click submit.
- Click on “Find It.”
- If the article is available in full text, follow the links to the source of the article. If the article is not available in full text, use the Interlibrary Loan link.
- Typically, the citation information is already completed, leaving the requestor information to be entered.
- Select the appropriate form for your request.
- Complete the form, being sure to fill in all required fields.
- Include special requests in comments section. For example, color copies are not always available. Check with the ILL manager about such requests.
- Click submit.
- Most requests arrive in four to seven business days, but some can take up to 30 days.
- Articles are delivered via your University of Minnesota email account whenever possible.
- Arrival information is sent via your University of Minnesota email account
- Physical items are picked up at the library main desk. A U-Card is necessary to check out materials that will be returned to a lending library.
- Paper journal articles do not need to be returned.
- Request renewals through the ILL office. They cannot be requested online.
The conditions of this service are set forth by the national Interlibrary Loan Code, 1980 adopted by the American Library Association, the MINITEX Interlibrary Loan User Guide, the policies of the University of Minnesota, Morris Rodney A. Briggs Library, local agreements, and the regulations of individual lending institutions.Rodney A. Briggs Library, ILL
University of Minnesota
600 East Fourth Street
Morris, MN 56267-2132