To print to the cash printer behind the circulation desk via your laptop you must first add the printer to your computer.
Windows 8.1 Wireless Printing Installation Instructions
1. Ensure you can print to the LPR port on your computer. From the tiles Start screen, click on the down arrow button on the bottom of the screen.
2. From the Apps screen click on the Control Panel link.
3. From the Control Panel, click on Programs.
4. From the Programs screen click on Turn Windows features on or off under the Programs and Features header.
5. Click the plus sign next to Print and Document Services.
6. Make sure that LPR Port Monitor is checked. Click OK. Then close the Windows Features box.
7. Click the Control Panel Home link in the upper left-hand corner.
8. From Control Panel select Devices and Printers.
9. Near the top of the screen there will be a heading called Add a printer. Click on it.
10. The system will search for available printers. Click on The printer that I want isn’t listed.
11. Select Add a local printer or network with manual settings. Click Next.
12. Select Create a new port. Then choose LPR Port from the drop-down menu. Click Next.
13. In the field titled “Name or address of server providing lpd:” type in 22.214.171.124. In the field below titled “Name of printer or print queue on that server” type HPLaserjetP4014dn. Then click OK.
14. Select HP from the Manufacturer list. Browse and select HP LaserJet P4014/P4015 PCL6 from the Printers list. Click Next.
15. For “Type a printer name” you can put whatever you want. We recommend Library Cash Printing.
16. If prompted about Printer Sharing, select Do not share this printer. Click Next.
17. You should see a screen saying you’ve successfully added the printer. Click Finish. You can now use the library cash printer.
To print duplex - on both sides of the paper
1. Return to Devices and Printers. Double click on the printer you just installed.
2. Click Customize your printer.
3. Click the Device Settings tab from the Printing Properties window.
4. Under the Installable Options header choose Installed from the drop-down menu. Click OK.