To print to the cash printer behind the circulation desk via your laptop you must first add the printer to your computer.
Windows 7 Wireless Printing Installation Instructions
- Ensure that you can print to the LPR port. On Windows 7, click on Start button, go to Control Panel>Programs and Features>Turn Windows Features on or off and click the +sign next to Print and Document Services. Make sure that LPR Port Monitor is checked, OK.
- Go back to the Windows Start button and select Devices and Printers. (If it is not listed, click Control Panel and find it in View Devices and Printers). Near the top of the screen there will be a heading called Add a printer. Click that.
- Select Add a local printer.
- Select Create a New Port. Select LPR Port from the drop down menu next to the Create a new port option. Click Next.
- In the field titled Name or Address of server providing lpd: you need to type "126.96.36.199". The field below titled Name of printer or print queue on that server you can type whatever you wish. We entered "HPLaserjetP4014dn". Click OK.
- Wait while the computer detects the port. Then install the printer driver by selecting "HP" under the Manufacturer on then on the right select HP LaserJet P4014/P4015 PCL6. Then clickNext. Note: If HP LaserJet P4014/P4015 PCL6 is not available in the list of Printers, you can download the correct driver from HP and search their drivers for HP LaserJet P4014dn. Then select either Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit) or Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) [depending upon what your system control panel says you have]. Follow HP’s directions on how to install the Windows 7 print driver. Then use the dialog box to select Have Disk… and browse to where you saved the driver. If it asks, “Which version of the driver do you want to use?” you can usually select Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended) and then click Next.
- For Type a printer name, you can leave it or you can change it to something more descriptive such as “Library b/w cash printing 5-cents/side.”
- Wait while the printer driver is installed — it will say: “Installing printer...
- Optional If it asks about Printer Sharing, select “Do not share this printer,” click Next.
- Click Finish. You can now use the printer in the drop-down print dialog boxes. If you had troubles installing the printer driver, repeat the steps above. If you are still having issues, pleasecontact Ask A Librarian.
To print duplex - both sides of the paper
- Return to Devices and Printers. select the printer you just installed.
- Click Customize your printer.
- On the Device Settings tab, set the Duplex Unit (for 2-sided Printing) to Installed. Click Apply.
- On the General tab, click Preferences button. On the Finishing tab, click the checkbox for Print On Both Sides
- Click OK, click OK again to finish and close out the dialog boxes.