Cougar women's soccer team joins KICKS Against Breast Cancer campaign
Posted by Chris Butler on Tuesday, Sep. 22, 2009
Event Date/Time: Tuesday, Sep. 22, 2009
Location: Morris, Minn.
Over the next 10 days, the Cougar women’s soccer team is raising awareness and funds for breast cancer research by hosting a silent auction at the University of Minnesota, Morris Student Center.
See auction items here!
Bidding ends Friday, October 2. The winners of the silent auction will be announced at halftime of the women’s soccer game against St. Scholastica at 2 p.m., Saturday, October 3.
During the St. Scholastica game, the Cougars will wear specially made pink shirts in honor of the efforts being made to cure breast cancer and in memory of the women claimed by the disease.
All proceeds from the silent auction will be donated to KICKS against Breast Cancer, a non-profit organization that promotes women’s health and well-being by emphasizing the importance of early identification of breast cancer and by providing essential resources to patients undergoing treatment.
Women’s head coach Dan Magner selected this charity in memory of his close friend, Charlotte Moran, who succumbed to breast cancer in spring 2009. Ms. Moran was an active supporter of KICKS.
If you live outside Morris and would like to make a bid, you can submit it to Coach Magner. (click)
Silent Auction Items
1. Size-5 select soccer ball illustrated with breast cancer awareness pink ribbons. The ball will be autographed by the UMM women’s soccer team. ($20 starting bid)
2. Size-1 select pink soccer ball illustrated with breast cancer awareness pink ribbons. The ball will be autographed by the UMM women’s soccer team. ($15 starting bid)
3. Replica pink t-shirt (like the ones worn in the St. Scholastica game) autographed by the UMM women’s soccer team. ($20 minimum bid)
4. U.S. Soccer Breast Cancer Awareness baseball-style hat. (10 of these available with minimum $10 starting bid)
5. Cougar women’s soccer replica game jersey, white, #6 ($20 starting bid)