Commitment to community is at the heart of our mission.
That mission includes
- Providing access to resources of the University of Minnesota
- Serving as a national leader in sustainable energy and green living
- Supporting the Morris campus’s deep sense of community
As a public land-grant institution, Morris is a center for education, culture, and research for west central Minnesota and beyond. Our outreach initiatives include:
- Center for Small Towns
- The Center for Small Towns leverages the University's resources to assist Minnesota's small towns with local issues and opportunities for growth. By working cooperatively, the campus and the region can find new ways of transitioning into the 21st century.
- Sustainability is woven into the fabric of our work. Morris has commitments, investments, policies, research, and curricula devoted to many areas of sustainability, and we depend on those in our community to bring these efforts to fruition.
- Office of Community Engagement
- The Office of Community Engagement engages members of the campus and broader community in meaningful partnerships that meet identified community needs; advance the campus mission; and work toward more vibrant, just, and inclusive communities.