The Campus Heritage Program, funded by the Getty Grant Program, will create a preservation plan for the historic district of the campus of the University of Minnesota, Morris.
The plan will include:
- a statement of goals and purpose
- a brief history of campus landscapes and buildings
- a section on historic landscapes
- a section on historic buildings
- references and resources
The separate Historic Landscapes and Building Exteriors sections (III and IV) will each include:
- a description of historic conditions and original design intent
- identification of character-defining features
- changes through time
- current integrity and condition
- challenges to be faced
- recommendations or guidelines for:
- emergency stabilization (if any)
- preservation of specific elements
- repairs and rehabilitation needed
- restoration or reconstruction, if any
- recommendations regarding new work
- recommendation in response to challenges faced
- routine and long-term maintenance
- accessibility, health and safety, environmental concerns, etc.
- recording and/or documenting future changes to buildings and landscapes
The Getty Grant Program is part of the J. Paul Getty Trust, an international cultural and philanthropic institution devoted to the visual arts located at the Getty Center in Los Angeles. Since its inception in 1984, the Grant Program has supported over 3,000 projects in more than 150 countries. The Getty Trust also includes the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Getty Research Institute, and the Getty Conservation Institute.
See the Written Guidelines for historic preservation that have been prepared by our commiittees.