- What is E-degree?
- An online application system for applying and updating your degree application.
- Why use it?
- Applying for graduation is a necessary step toward earning your degree and being included in the printed commencement program. It also makes you an applicant for the Commencement Graduation ceremony. Satisfying “commencement eligibility” requirements will make the final determination regarding participation. Please note that participating in the Commencement Ceremony is optional.
- Who can use the online Degree Application?
- Undergraduates who have completed 90 or more credits.
- I think I’m eligible to apply online, but I can’t get into the system. What should I do?
- Contact the Office of the Registrar at 320-589-6030.
- What are the financial aid consequences for applying for my degree?
- Applying for a degree may have serious consequences for your eligibility. More Information »
- What if I don’t see the graduation term I want?
- Either the deadline has passed or you may be applying too early. If you believe your desired graduation term should be listed, but it is not, or if you don’t know which term to select, contact the Office of the Registrar at 320-589-6030.
- I missed the deadline to apply. What should I do?
- Even though you may have missed the deadline for your desired term, you may be able to apply for a future term online. If you have extenuating circumstances and must graduate in a term not listed, you will need to apply in person at the Office of the Registrar.
- What does the “submission deadline” mean?
- The submission deadline is the last date to use the online process to apply for graduation.
- What happens if I cancel and exit before my application is completed?
- If you choose to “cancel and exit” anytime during your application, you will lose all of the information you had previously entered. You will have to start at the beginning the next time you want to complete a degree application.
- My major or minor is not correctly listed. What should I do?
- Applying online allows you to remove incorrect majors or minors, but it does not allow you to add them. If you have a major or minor listed in the online degree application that you do not intend to finish, you may select “Remove” to remove it from your permanent record. If you want to add any major or minor, do this before you apply. Update your majors and minors.
- Please explain “Include,” “Defer,” and “Remove”—I don’t know which one to pick!
- Select “include” for majors or minors you will complete by the term you selected for graduation.
- Select “defer” for majors or minors you intend to complete at a different time other than the term you selected for graduation. If you defer a major or minor and complete it at a later time, you will need to contact the Office of the Registrar when you have completed the requirements.
- Select “remove” for majors or minors you do not intend to complete at any time. By selecting “remove,” you will remove this major or minor from your permanent student record. You will need to contact the Office of the Registrar should you decide to complete it later. If there is any chance you may complete this major or minor at another time, select “defer.”
- Can I go back in my application if I think I entered something incorrectly?
- You will have the opportunity to return to a previous step to make changes. You will also be asked to review your application before you submit it. Changes can be made at that time.
- Which address should I choose?
- You should select the address where you want your diploma mailed. Remember, it takes four to six weeks to receive your diploma. When choosing your address, keep in mind that your diploma will be mailed in a nonbendable envelope and also that your diploma may be delivered in inclement weather.
- My address isn’t correctly listed. How do I fix it?
- Enter your correct address in the “Diploma Address” field. Update your personal information, such as home or mailing address for all your student records.
- I want my diploma sent to a third party. How do I do this?
- To send your degree to a third party, enter the address in the “Diploma Address” field. Include “In care of” on the first line of the address field followed by the name of the person who will receive your diploma.
- What does the “deadline” mean when I’m reviewing my information?
- There are different processing deadlines for type of information you enter. You must abide by all deadlines to ensure accurate and timely processing of your application.
- How will I know if my application has been successfully submitted?
- Once you hit “submit” at the end of the application, you will see a screen confirming the successful submission of your application. You will also be asked to print a copy for your records.
- If I think something is incorrect after I submit my application, how do I get it changed?
- You can make changes through the online degree application once it is submitted provided you abide by the deadlines listed on the review page of your application. If you wish to make a change after any deadline has passed, contact the Office of the Registrar at 320-589-6030.
Office of the RegistrarUniversity of Minnesota, Morris
212 Behmler Hall
600 East Fourth Street
Morris, Minnesota 56267
8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.