Before you request an official transcript
Clear any financial holds from your record
Be sure that grades and degrees have posted
If you need recently-awarded grades or degrees to appear on your record, check your unofficial transcript to be sure that everything has posted. Official transcript requests will not be held for grades or degrees.
Complete the Request for Official Transcript form. Send the form, with payment, to the address indicated.
Or, you may send a letter to request a transcript. The letter must include all of the following information:
- Your full name and all names used while attending the University of Minnesota.
- Your student ID number or social security number.
- Your date of birth and dates of attendance at the University.
- The address(es) where you want the transcripts sent.
- Your signature.
- Your daytime phone number, e-mail address, and/or mailing address, should we need to contact you about your request.
- The type of transcript service you're requesting, plus payment.
Mail your request and payment to:Transcripts – Office of the Registrar
University of Minnesota, Morris
600 East 4th Street
Morris, MN 56267-2132
Note: Priority Overnight or International Priority are not available in Morris. If you are requesting Priority Overnight or International Priority service, mail your request and payment to:One Stop Student Services
130 Coffey Hall
1420 Eckles Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55108
Fill out the request form at the Office of the Registrar between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. in room 212 of Behmler Hall.
We do not accept phone requests for transcripts
To protect the privacy of student academic records, we require that requests be submitted by fax, by mail, in person, or via the secure online form.
- For payment amount, see the list of fees and service types.
- In-person and mail requests can be paid by check, money order, or credit card. In-person requests may also be paid in cash.
- Fax requests must be paid by credit card.
- Make checks or money orders payable to the University of Minnesota.
- Payments must be made in US funds drawn through a US bank.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner’s Club, and Discover. Include card number and expiration date on your mail or fax request. Scanned signatures are not accepted.
- Requests will not be processed without payment.