Home » Office of the Registrar » Understanding transfer credits » Minnesota Transfer Curriculum

Minnesota Transfer Curriculum

Minnesota Transfer Curriculum

The Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MNTC) is a collaborative effort among all two-year and four- year public colleges and universities in Minnesota to help students transfer coursework in general education between institutions. Admitted transfer students who have earned an associate of arts from a Minnesota institution or whose transcript indicates that the MNTC has been met will have all general education requirements for a bachelor of arts satisfied except for the foreign language requirement. Also, Morris students must earn 60 credits in liberal arts coursework outside the discipline of their majors.

The associate of arts or MNTC statement must be posted on the transcript submitted to the University of Minnesota, Morris in order for a student to receive MNTC credits at Morris.

General Education Requirements satisfied with MNTC at Morris

Skills for the Liberal Arts

  • Writing for the Liberal Arts (WLA)
  • Mathematical/Symbolic Reasoning (M/SR)
  • Artistic Performance (ArtP)

Expanding Perspectives

  1. Historical Perspectives (Hist)
  2. Human Behavior, Social Processes, and Institutions (SS)
  3. Communication, Language, Literature, and Philosophy (Hum)
  4. Fine Arts (FA)
  5. Physical and Biological Sciences (Sci—without lab; Sci-L—with lab)
  6. The Global Village—at least two categories required
    1. Human Diversity (HDiv)
    2. People and the Environment (Envt)
    3. International Perspective (IP)
    4. Ethical and Civic Responsibility (E/CR)

Transferring from Morris with MNTC

If you are transferring from the Morris to a Minnesota community college or state university, you may wish to have your Morris transcript evaluated for the MNTC. If you have completed the 13 categories of general education and 60 liberal arts credits, you may request that your transcript be certified to reflect that you have completed the MNTC. Contact the transfer evaluation coordinator or the Office of the Registrar to request that the notation be added to your transcript.

' >