The u.select transfer tool is a valuable resource for students who are transferring to Morris. The web database provides transfer course equivalency information and/or degree progress reports.
An easy place to begin on u.select is the “Quick Equivalencies” search. You can generate a list of courses from the your “source” college and a list that shows how credits will transfer to Morris.
- Choose Quick Equivalencies under “Look for a course or transfer information.”
- Under Step 1 choose Minnesota.
- Under School select University of Minnesota, Morris.
- Under Step 2 choose the state in which you have studied prior to Morris.
- Under School select the school where you’ve taken courses.
- In the Equivalency Guide, choose all in the drop down box after the college name.
At this point, you will have a list of courses from the your “source” college and a Morris list that provides general education requirements and other information for each course. Please note the glossary at the bottom of the page to understand which courses fulfill Morris general education requirements, Morris exact equivalencies, or do not transfer.
Individual Customized Report
To see how transfer courses will apply to a Morris program, begin by creating a free u.select account. This takes a bit more time, but the results are very informative.
- Add your information.
- Add your courses using the course catalog from the college you attended or by adding manually.
- Select the year you attended.
- Select the term.
- Choose the department.
- Choose the courses you completed within that department from the catalog.
- Click Add courses.
- Repeat with all departments as needed.
- Click My Courses in the left navigation to access your personal course list. These courses will remain in your account until you delete them, and they can be used to explore various plans and programs.
- Click Programs in the top header to choose a Morris program and to determine how your transfer courses will apply.
Remember that in transferring to Morris, Morris will be the “target” or receiving institution and the college from which you wish to transfer will be the “source” institution.