What is Enrollment/Degree Verification
Enrollment/degree verification provides official proof of your University enrollment. You may need to verify your enrollment for student loan deferment, insurance discounts, or for requests related to your scholarships or your visa.
Enrollment/degree verification can include any of the following:
- Your attendance (for all terms or only the most recent term)
- For each term, your enrollment will be listed as full-time, 3/4-time, half-time, less than 1/2-time, or no units
- Cumulative GPA and credits (for all terms or only the most recent term)
- Expected graduation date (provided by the student)
- Degree/Certificate awarded
- Degree GPA (GPA as of the date your degree was conferred; available only if your degree has been posted to your transcript)
For Current Students: Verification Requests
Log in to MyU and select Student Center under Key Links. Under Grades & Transcripts is a link to Enrollment Verification. You will have the option to print an unofficial PDF enrollment verification or request an official enrollment verification to be printed and mailed out by the Office of the Registrar at no charge.
If you need your verification faxed, download and submit the enrollment/degree verification request to the Office of the Registrar in person, by mail or fax. The form must be signed. Faxed verifications are $10, payable at time of request. Includes a mailed letter and faxed copy to the same address.
For Alumni: Verification Requests
Download and submit the enrollment/degree verification request. The form must be signed.
Verification requests are free and processed in 2-3 business days.
Faxed verifications are $10, payable at time of request and includes a mailed letter and faxed copy to the same address.
Make requests to Office of the Registrar in person, by mail or by fax.
For Outside Agencies: Verification for Degree and Enrollment
Through the National Student Clearinghouse, the University of Minnesota provides instant electronic verification of graduates’ degrees and students’ enrollment to employers, employment agencies, credit card companies, background search firms, and various other businesses that offer products or services based on an individual's status as an enrolled student or graduate. The service is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year.
If you need to verify a degree or enrollment from the University of Minnesota, please visit the National Student Clearinghouse website.National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Hendon, Virginia 20171
Credit Guidelines for Verification
- Enrollment Status Defined for Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms.
- Full-time student 12 or more credits
- Three-quarter time student 9 to 11 credits
- Half-time student 6 to 8 credits
- Less than half-time student 6 or less credits
- Senior completed 90 or more credits
- Junior completed 60 to 89 credits
- Sophomore completed 30 to 59 credits
- Freshman completed 29 or less credits
Independent Distance Learning courses count only for the term in which the registration took place.
Special Exams, Advanced Placement, CLEP, and IB (International Baccalaureate) do not count toward student’s enrollment status.