- Q: Are the rooms carpeted? »
- A: Rooms in Clayton A. Gay Hall, David C. Johnson Independence Hall, Pine Hall and the on-campus apartments have carpeting. Approximate room and carpet sizes for Blakely Hall and Spooner Hall are located at the following link. We suggest you measure your room when you arrive. Please consult with your roommate prior to making plans for carpet, TV, refrigerator, etc.
- Q: Is there wireless Internet access in my room? »
- A: Students can access the Internet using either the wired or wireless network, but computers must be registered for use on Resnet. More information »
- Q: Can I bring a refrigerator, microwave, etc. for my room? »
- A: Small compact refrigerators are allowed in resident rooms, not to exceed 4.2 cubic feet and not more than one per room. There is a full-sized shared refrigerator in the residence hall kitchenettes and each on-campus apartment has a refrigerator. Microwave ovens, popcorn poppers, electric frying pans, broiler ovens, coffee makers and other small kitchen appliances are not allowed in resident rooms, but may be used in shared kitchen areas. There are no air conditioners in rooms, but fans are allowed.
- Q: Are pets allowed? »
- A: Pets are not permitted in the residence halls or on-campus apartments, except small aquarium fish. Aquarium tanks cannot exceed five gallons in size.
- Q: Are there cable hook-ups available? »
- A: Yes! Each room is provided with cable television channels (approximately 45) including HBO.
- Q: Does my room have a telephone line? »
- A: A telephone jack is provided in each residence hall room. Students must provide their own phone. One courtesy phone with local service is located in the main lounge area of each residence hall.
- Q: What kind of laundry facilities are available on-campus? »
- A: Campus laundry facilities feature high efficiency washers and dryers. Use of washers and dryers is free to campus residents. Please help keep our machines in good working order by always using HE detergent.
- Q: Are there lofts/bunks available? »
- A: The Morris campus has contracted with College Products to provide student loft rentals. Please do not bring your own loft. More information is available at the College Products site. Clayton A. Gay Hall, David C. Johnson Independence Hall, Pine Hall, and Blakely Hall include loftable furniture; therefore students living in these halls do not need to rent lofts.
Apply for a room » Connect to Resnet » Residential Life Policies » Housing Rates & Fees » U of M digital copyright compliance »
- Area Coordinator or Hall Director Position Description
- Apply for the Area Coordinator or Hall Director Position
Questions?Office of Residential Life
600 East 4th Street
Morris, MN 56267