Increasing Safety in the Relationship:
- I have important phone numbers accessible. The phone nearest to my home/apartment is located at __________________.
- I can tell these people about the violence and ask them to call the police if they hear suspicious noises coming from my home/apartment _________________.
- I can leave extra money, car keys, clothes, and copies of documents with _____________________.
- In case I leave, I will have important documents in an easy to reach place. If it isn't possible for me to keep important documents in my possession, I will try to have copies made.
Increasing Safety When the Relationship is Over:
If I feel down and ready to return to a potentially abusive situation, I can call the Violence Prevention Program (6061), Someplace Safe (800-974-3359), or these people for support: ___________________.
- I can obtain a protection order from the following places and keep it near me at all times ________.
- I can leave a copy of my protection order with this person ___________.
- I will inform these people to call the police if my partner is observed near my residence ___________________.
- I can tell my roommate and a person at work about my situation and ask him or her to screen my calls ______________.
- I can change the locks; install metal doors, smoke detectors, a security system, and outdoor motion sensor lights.