UMM Home >
Violence Prevention > Warning Signs
Does one person in the relationship…
- Insult his/her significant other in public?
- Act really jealous if his/her boyfriend talks to others?
- Check in on the other constantly?
- Make decisions for the other?
- Blow disagreements out of proportion?
- Threaten to break up, or constantly worry/accuse that the other will break up with them?
- Lose his/her temper verbally?
- Break or hit things to intimidate the other?
- Blame the other for their own problems?
- Abuse drugs and/or alcohol?
THIS IS AN ABUSER
Does the other person in the relationship…
- Constantly cancel plans for reasons that don’t sound true?
- Always worry about making their boyfriend/girlfriend angry?
- Give up things that are important?
- Show signs of physical abuse, like bruises or cuts?
- Get pressured into having sex, or feel like a sex object?
- Have a boy/girlfriend that wants them to be available all the time?
- Become isolated from friends or family?
THIS IS A VICTIM