DEAN'S OFFICE LAPTOP COMPUTER USAGE POLICY
The following policies and procedures are applicable to the
use of the three laptop computers (Mac iBook, Dell
Inspiron 9100, and Dell Latitude C800).
1. The computer should not be used for personal profit or
2. Check-out will be granted to full-time faculty only,
on a first-come, first-served basis.
3. Check-out will be for a maximum of 10 days for the Mac
iBook or Dell Inspiron 9100. Check-out may be for a maximum of
30 days for the Dell Latitude C800. (except for special
4. Software packages (Excel, Word) are loaded onto the computer.
Additional software may not be loaded. Faculty are required
to provide their own disk, CD or jump drive/flash drive
for storing data files. Do not store data onto the computer's
5. Special care should be taken with the security of the
6. Do not store it in a locked car or car trunk, as severe
temperature changes could damage it.
7. Individuals accept responsibility for loss of the computer
and damage, over and above normal use.
8. In the event that you travel by airplane with the computer:
a. Always carry it on the plane with you. If
you check it, it will be in a non-pressurized
part of the plane, which
could damage it.
b. Put it on the hand-held luggage conveyor
belt and do not carry it through the
metal detector. You will be required
to turn it on.
Procedures to follow when requesting a computer:
1. Contact Adele @ x6018 or e-mail: raymonda. You will need
to provide the following information:
a. Your name
b. Which computer you would like to check
out (Mac, Dell Inspiron or Dell Latitude)
c. Dates (including specific date and time
of pick-up and return)
2. Pick up the computer from the Dean's Office (315 Behmler)
and sign an acknowledgement form that shows you have
read and understood the Laptop Usage Policy.
3. Return the computer to the Dean's Office and sign it