Employer: Catholic Charities
911 18th St, N., PO Box 2390, St. Cloud, MN 56302-2390
The Intern will be part of the Human Resources team at Catholic Charities. Catholic Charities has a staff of 600 professionals, 3,000+ volunteers, and 40 different programs that provide services to individuals in need in our society. They include Adolescent/Youth programming (the St. Cloud Children's Home), Counseling services that includes a Mental Health Clinic with 13 Therapists, Emergency Services (food, clothing and financial) Housing services, including services for diverse populations, and services to adults with mental illnesses, developmental disabilities and physical disabilities. The individual selected will work with our Human Resources staff consisting of 6 individuals that provide services to 600 employees.
The Health, Nutrition, Fitness project internship is a new opportunity that involves implementing and maintaining a work/life well-being culture and programming activities at Catholic Charities.
This will include:
• Administering the Fitness/Health Club Reimbursement employee benefit.
• Preparing a quarterly Health Education Newsletter to be sent to all staff.
• Identifying and developing resources for employees that impact/affect physical • fitness, nutrition, and mental health issues.
• Develop or support other monthly or regular health related events and activities.
• Benchmarking wellness programs and best practices of other organizations and employers.
• Assist with the planning, set-up and feedback of the Catholic Charities annual Health Fair
• Research and assist in implementing measurements of the effectiveness of wellness program and initiatives.
• Facilitate relationships with health care vendors and other community organizations that have as a direct or indirect focus the health and well-being of individuals
• Research vendors and outcomes results of health risk assessments
Flexible hours 15 - 30 hours a week.
Student training toward a degree in Nutrition, Community Health, Health Education, Physical Education, or a related field.
The Health Project intern will have considerable contact with agency staff and regular contact with vendors, other organizations and community agencies, by telephone, in person and in writing and therefore requires good written and verbal communication skills. This position will handle some projects independently and will work with intermittent supervision.
Benefits of the Position:
- The ability to strengthen and build upon your communication and/or interpersonal skills & gain valuable practical knowledge in the field.
- Exposure to a variety of businesses and community resources
- Participation in professional meetings and health events
- Attain project management skills and tone your leadership abilities
Fall/Spring or Summer session.
Stipend & Reimbursement:
Position open until filled.
Application Forms and Required Info:
Person to Contact:
911 18th St. N
P.O. Box 2390
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Ph: 800.830.8254, ext 2529