- Set up a placement file - includes:
personal data sheet
list of classes related to major
student teaching evaluations (for teacher candidates)
(NOTE: Transcripts are not maintained in this file. They are available from the Registrar's Office.)
- Talk to faculty, administrators, and others about using them as a "reference" in job search.
- Focus career interests to realistic job alternatives.
- Obtain job search/networking/interviewing skills and resources.
- Prepare a resume.
- Research employers that match your immediate job placement goals. Remember to use the Reference section in the UMM Library.
- Watch for on- and off-campus interviews and job/career fairs.
- Review job search resources, tips on interviewing, etc.
- Attend on-campus Business/Liberal Arts Career Fair and Alumni Career Fair.
- Interview with possible employers.
- See Career Services Secretary
- See job placement counselor.
- Review Job Vacancy Lists
- Life/Work Planning Workshops
- Books/materials in Career Resource Center
- Career Services books
- Sample resumes
- Job Vacancy Lists
- NACE Annuals
- Peterson's Guides of Employers
- Information on selected employers
- Education Directories
- Electronic Job Search Resources
- Weekly Bulletin & Job Vacancy Lists
- Career Resource Center - numerous handouts are available
- Job Placement Counselor
- Weekly Bulletin & Career Services Announcements
The Career Services, 110 Briggs Library, UMM, 589-6065