- If you haven't researched programs of interest, do activities noted on Junior Year recommendations.
- Take appropriate entrance exams in the fall to insure scores are sent to school by application deadline.
- Investigate financial aid sources.
- Write for application materials. Identify application deadlines. (Many schools have deadlines in January or later, but some are earlier.)
- Write your application essay. (Consult with faculty, Writing Room or others, if necessary.)
- Obtain letters of recommendation from faculty and others.
- Apply for financial aid (some programs have earlier deadlines for financial aid).
- Send in completed applications. (May be earlier depending on school's deadline)
- Visit school before you accept (or interview students & faculty by phone if visit is not possible).
- See Career Counselor in Career Services
- Peterson's Guides to Graduate/Professional Schools
- College Blue Book
- Gourman Report of Graduate/Professional Schools
- Electronic Resources
- Test registration booklets
- Exam schedule
- Peterson's Grants for Graduate Students
- Addresses in Peterson's Guides
- "How-to's" in Peterson's Guides
- Example of Professional Statement (Handout)
- Check with schools about using UMM Placement Credentials or specific forms from school.
- GAPSFAS form available
- Review school/department home pages
The Career Services, 110 Briggs Library, UMM, 589-6065