Mail, fax, and in-person requests
Before you request an official transcript:
-Clear any financial holds from your record
According to University policy, official transcripts will not be issued for you if you have certain types of holds on your record. You can review your holds online.
-Be sure that grades and degrees have posted
If you need recently awarded grades or degrees to appear on your record, check your unofficial transcript to be sure that everything has posted. Official transcript requests will not be held for grades or degrees.
Complete the Request for Official Transcript form. Send the form, with payment, to the address indicated.
Or, you may send a letter to request a transcript. The letter must include all of the following information:
- Your full name and all names used while attending the University of Minnesota.
- Your student ID number or social security number.
- Your date of birth and dates of attendance at the University.
- The address(es) where you want the transcripts sent.
- The recipient's phone number, if you are requesting Priority Overnight or International Priority service.
- Your signature.
- Your daytime phone number, e-mail address, and/or mailing address, should we need to contact you about your request.
- The type of transcript service you're requesting, plus payment.
Mail your request and payment to:
Transcripts - Office of the Registrar
University of Minnesota Morris
600 East 4th St
Morris MN 56267-2132
Transcripts are not faxed to recipients by the University however, we do accept faxed request forms for transcripts. A completed and signed Request for Official Transcript form may be faxed to 320-589-6025.
Come to the Office of the Registrar between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. in room 212 of Behmler Hall.
We do not accept phone or email requests for transcripts.
To protect the privacy of student academic records, we require that requests be submitted by fax, by mail, in person, or via the secure online system.
- For payment amount, see the list of fees and service types.
- In-person and mail requests can be paid by check, money order, or credit card. In-person requests may also be paid in cash.
- Fax requests must be paid by credit card.
- Make checks or money orders payable to the University of Minnesota.
- Payments must be made in US funds drawn through a US bank.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner’s Club, and Discover. Include card number and expiration date on your mail or fax request. Scanned signatures are not accepted.
- Requests will not be processed without payment.