Student Affairs Goals and Outcomes
Student Affairs programs and services develop student potential and extend
UMM's liberal arts mission beyond the classroom.
Student Affairs Goals
University of Minnesota, Morris Student Affairs works to:
- support students' health, well-being, academic and personal success,
- create and implement programs that foster student engagement, learning
initiate and advance campus and community partnerships for effective,
seamless student services and experiences,
build community and foster an inclusive, respectful living and learning
create a healthy campus environment,
support the recruitment and retention of a diverse and talented student
advance UMM's mission and vision.
Through full participation in UMM's residential student life experience, Morris
- Explore facets of their personal identities and recognize their value to their
- Accept personal responsibility and act on it through the responsible exercise of
- Develop critical thinking, problem solving, and adaptive skills to address change
- Develop a multicultural perspective for a full life in a global community,
understanding our interdependence, the intersections of multiple identities, and each
person's role in a creating a just society.
- Gain leadership skills and abilities, and build the desire and confidence to take
on leadership roles in society.
- Gain self-understanding and seek mental, physical, spiritual and emotional
balance and health.
- Find and create opportunities for fulfillment and joy.