Student Plot Laborer Summer 2013
Positions are open as soon as school is out in May. The person in this position normally works 40 hours/week Monday thru Friday.
This position has the responsibility of assisting in preparation, planting, weeding, culture and care, harvesting and data collection of annual and perennial flowers, fruit, hardy shrub roses, ornamental and plant materials research plots and landscaping and grounds maintenance at the West Central Research and Outreach Center.
Assist in culture and care of annual flowers in a greenhouse setting.
• Assist in care of plant trials and landscape areas under the direction of the Junior Scientist
• Assist in plot harvest by hand harvesting, and weighing of experimental plots.
• Operate power equipment as required on plots and grounds and perform daily required maintenance.
• Assist in maintenance and care of horticulture related equipment and materials.
For more Information, contact:
West Central Research & Outreach Center
University of Minnesota
State Hwy 329
Morris, MN 56267
Phone: (320) 589-1711
Fax: (320) 589-4870
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions. Capable to work in a team setting but able to work individually as needed. Interest in horticulture, plant science, or agriculture.
Current drivers license required.
$7.50 per hour
Hours Per Week:
40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Preferred Application Procedure(s): Contact Audrey
Number of Positions Available
- Current Openings: 0
- Average Openings: 0
- Current Openings: 1
- Average Openings: 1