Library Technical Services Student Assistant
This position requires knowledge of three technical processing areas of the library. therefore, time management and communication skills and the ability to work independently are all essential. The assistant has responsibilities in the processing of new acquisitions in all formats as well as clerical and office duties.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Unpack new materials and match incoming materials with corresponding invoices
2) Identify and track standing orders
3) File book requests and invoices
4) Match new materials with arrival slips
5) Process new and donated materials in all formats, including:
a) Property stamp and date
b) Insert security strips
c) Generate and apply book plates
d) Apply labels, date due slips and inserts
e) Reinforce paperbacks
f) Watch for call number discrepancies
g) Apply the special handling processes involved in archival and rare materials
6) assist in updating the Technical Services Student Manual
7) Preform minor book repair and re0label materials where appropriate
8) Assist in periodical collection processing and stack maintenance, including shelf reading and inventory.
9) Assist with clerical duties such as photocopying, office supply management, mail sorting and delivering documents to other campus offices
10) Assist in processing of government publications
Minimum/ Essential Qualifications Needed to Preform Job:
One year experience at Briggs Library ability to do detailed and repetitive work with attention to accuracy and detail basic skills in alphabetizing, filing, keyboarding and general computing legible printing good time management skills ability to work independently good communication skills ability to follow directions and work effectively with others must be able to comply with a schedule of daily consistent work hours.
Ability to provide peer supervision and training when needed.
$7.50 per hr/job class 2782
Hours Per Week:
- Preferred Application Procedure(s): www.morris.umn.edu/library/studentjobs.php
- Contact: Kristi Erickson, Mickey Hickman, Shirley Miller
Number of Positions Available
- Current Openings: 0
- Average Openings: 1
- Current Openings: 0
- Average Openings: 0