Summer 2013 Recreation Coordinator
This is a part time position involving planning, development and supervision of the summer recreation program and
related personnel. This includes: Pee Wee Baseball (Pre-K-Grade 3) Elementary Softball Junior High Softball Hershey
Track and Softball and Baseball field maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Be directly responsible to the Community Education Director and carry out activities necessary for the proper
implementation of the summer recreation program.
2. Recommend, implement and evaluate the operations and procedures of the entire summer recreation program
to insure the safety of all participants.
Pee Wee Baseball:
1. Conduct appropriate in-service training for all coaches.
2. Order any necessary equipment (i.e. balls, bats, helmets, etc.) as well as, t-shirts.
3. Arrange weekly meetings with coaches to evaluate, update and improve any aspect of the program necessary.
4. Divide players onto teams and develop and prepare a game schedule, practice schedule and rainy day schedule
for each league.
5. Insure that playing fields are in good condition each day prior to start of game.
6. Insure that games and practices are conducted in such a manner as to continually install enthusiasm, good
sportsmanship and safety.
7. Answer any questions or concerns parents may have about the league.
8. Be at all games to insure proper supervision of the program.
9. Inventory all equipment and submit a written summary of the program at the end of season.
Elementary and Junior High Softball Leagues:
1. Handle pre-season responsibilities which include t-shirt sponsors, recruiting coaches, conducting a coaches
meeting to draft teams, review rules, etc.
2. Recruit, schedule and conduct an in-service for all umpires.
3. Be at all games to insure proper supervision of the program and to handle any questions that may arise.
4. Distribute any schedule changes or announcements as needed throughout the season.
5. Submit a weekly news release of game events to the newspaper and the radio.
6. Conduct a league tournament which includes bracketing teams, selecting tournament dates, securing umpires,
ordering trophies, and contacting radio station to broadcast the championship game.
7. Inventory all equipment and submit a written summary of the program at the end of season.
1. Be available to answer any questions or concerns coaches may have.
2. Insure that proper paper work is completed and sent in for district and state meets.
3. Work with coaches to conduct any local track meets.
Softball and Baseball Field Maintenance:
1. General supervision of ballfield maintenance crew to insure fields are being maintained in proper condition.
2. Distribute to crew any changes in field preparation schedule.
3. Develop a weekly schedule of fields that need preparation.
Hours Per Week:
- Arrangement of Hours: part-time
- Preferred Application Procedure(s): Contact Cindy
Number of Positions Available
- Current Openings: 0
- Average Openings: 0
- Current Openings: 1
- Average Openings: 1