Social Media Intern - MSAF 2012-2013
Office of University Relations
The Office of University Relations is looking for a Social Media Intern, a Morris Student Administrative Fellowship position. This position will start in the beginning this fall semester and will continue through spring semester, working approximately 7 hours per week each semester.
Execute social media strategies
Monitor and facilitate social media interactions
Direct social media questions,concerns, and complaints on the University of Minnesota, Morris social media accounts
Develop ideas with and fulfill assignments from Social Media team
Develop metrics and tools to measure the impact of social media
Create social media reports
Track all social media activities
Create reports for the social media team
Provide weekly email updates on most popular content
Research social media campaigns used by other institutions and companies.
Report findings and make recommendations.
Assist the social media team by researching and seeking out current conversations and proposing opportunities to capitalize on those conversations
Additional project support
Other duties as assigned
The University ofMinnesota, Morris is seeking a social media intern to help strengthen the University’s social media presence. This person will provide support for all social media campaigns, execute social communications, collect analytics and report on progress and work.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Extremely detail-oriented
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Able to juggle multiple tasks
· Experience using Facebook pages, Twitter accounts and YouTube channels for personal and professional use.
· Knowledge of emerging social media
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel especially) and Adobe In Design, Photoshop
Hours Per Week:
7 hours per week
- Preferred Application Procedure(s): send resume to Melissa
Number of Positions Available
- Current Openings: 1
- Average Openings: 1
- Current Openings: 0
- Average Openings: 0