Online I-9, W-4, and Payroll Document Instructions
If you have not worked at the University of Minnesota, Morris before, under any of the student employment programs, you will need to complete the online I-9 and W-4 process and present acceptable identification to the Student One Stop.
- Access the online I-9 at: hrss.umn.edu
- Click on the link: I-9 Form for New Employees – use the guide provided for assistance
- Enter Employer Name or Code Field: 13636
- Provide Personal Information
- Name – must match your SSN card
- Date of birth
- Start date – must provide identification documentation (below) within 3 days of start date
- University Location is: UMM Student Affairs
- Social Security Number – must match name entered in Name field above
- Select citizenship status
- Sign electronically
- Logout – clears your information from browser
- Access the online W-4 or receive a paper copy at the Student One Stop.
- Reminder: students filing “exempt” from taxes must file a new W-4 in January each year. Directions are available at update W-4 online.
Identification Document(s) Required
Within 3 days of submitting your online I-9 form you must also provide acceptable identification to the Student One Stop. The most common forms of identification are:
- Unexpired U.S. Passport, OR
- Unexpired driver's license or University of Minnesota identification card ("UCard"); AND original Social Security card or original certified birth certificate.
International students are required to complete additional paperwork at the Student One Stop and are required to have the following:
- University of Minnesota identification card ("UCard") or valid driver’s license; AND
- Original Social Security card; AND
- Unexpired Passport with Visa, I-94 and I-20.