There are numerous email lists for the convenience of Morris campus students, faculty, and staff.
These lists are intended to handle communications to Morris campus employees that are urgent, important, or of very broad general interest.
- A list serve that will include all active UMM faculty and P&A employees. This list serve will be updated automatically once each semester.
- A list serve for all active UMM civil service, AFSCME clerical, AFSCME technical, Teamsters, and LELS employees. This list serve will be updated automatically once each semester.
- A list serve that will include everyone from the UMMFACPA and UMMUSA list serves. We will also add UMMRA to this list serve, so they can stay aware of campus announcements and events.
- UMMPOSTS@lists.umn.edu (opt-out)
- A list serve for posting announcements. UMMPOSTS, formerly known as UMMSTAFF, is for posts about general topics. Participation is voluntary.
- UMMRA@lists.umn.edu (opt-out)
- A list serve for retired faculty and staff. Participation is voluntary.
- UMMSPOUSES@lists.umn.edu (opt-out)
- A list serve for spouses of current faculty and staff. Participation is voluntary.
UMMFACPA and UMMUSA and UMM-ALL-EMPLOYEES are for messages of University business. Examples include announcements about class seminars, conference opportunities, and job postings. Please use UMMPOSTS for other announcements such as “looking to buy/borrow”, “for sale/rent” that might not interest every employee on campus.
Guidelines for campus email lists
- Attachments cannot be correctly received by many email users. In addition, they are potential carriers of computer viruses. Do not send file attachments to any UMM lists. Instead, copy and paste the text of your file into the message body.
- University of Minnesota technology resources may not be used for commercial purposes. This restriction applies to email lists as well. Messages involving sales or solicitations must be restricted to the UMMPOSTS list only.
- Do not forward messages from others to Morris campus email lists.
- No abusive language is tolerated on any email lists.
- To be removed from the UMMPOSTS list, send mail to:
containing the message:
Creating a email list
Individuals, committees, or organizations that want to originate or participate in an issues discussion are encouraged to create new lists for these purposes.
- Contact the Morris Help Desk for help in setting up a new list.