2012 URS E-mail Submission
URS Saturday, April 21, 2012
- Submission deadline: Friday, February 24, 2012
- Submit your abstract via e-mail to Adele Raymond (raymonda[at]morris.umn.edu)
- Your submission must be copied (cc) to your faculty sponsor.
- In your e-mail, please address the points listed below .
Name of Student(s)**:
If you are working in a group or proposing a panel, please submit
one form for the entire group with all names and emails.Indicate who the contact person is.
Title of Research Presentation:
Faculty Sponsor Email:
All URS submissions should be approved by the student's project
sponsor/advisor. Please confirm that the faculty sponsor has read and
approved your submission.
Type of presentation preferred: Oral/Poster/Performance
Due to space constraints, we may not be able to have everyone do their preferred
type of presentation. We will do our best but, if necessary,
would you be willing to do your presentation in another format?
Yes / No
Feature Presentation: The URS features one presentation in the opening ceremony.
This presentation should have broader appeal, and may easily accommodate a performance component.
The featured presenter will have more time, as well as a bigger room than regular presentations.
Would you be interested in having your presentation featured during the opening ceremony?
Yes / No
Do you anticipate needing any additional Media Services equipment?
If yes, please explain. Each presentation room will have projection equipment for PowerPoint, Video and DVD.
Do you anticipate any special room location, non-media services equipment (i.e., recital hall, piano, etc.), or scheduling requirements (i.e., several groups holding a forum that would require more than the allotted 15 minutes)? Please explain in detail.
Your abstract/proposal/artist's statement
in NO MORE than 250 words.
For most disciplines, a good submission has the following elements:
If you are submitting creative work from the humanities, in particular art, music, or English, different criteria may apply for a "good submission".
Please discuss your abstract with your faculty mentor before submitting.
- A concise statement of the project objective and why it is important;
- A clear statement of the methods used to address the objective.
- Presentation of the results or findings of your project.
- Explanation of the significance and broader implications of your results.
- The name(s) of the sponsoring organization(s) for the project, if any, for example: UROP, MAP, LSAMP, etc.
- The abstract should be intelligible, coherent, and mindful of those who are not experts in the field.
- Absence of any grammatical, spelling or typographical errors. Carefully proofread your submission.
structures or drawings in the abstract should be sumitted by email as a clearly labeled attachment or may be
submitted on a CD to Adele Raymond. For help, see your faculty mentor.
Student T-Shirt Size(s): S, M, L, XL, XXL
Faculty Adviser T-Shirt Size: S, M, L, XL, XXL