Sometimes it is difficult to pinpoint what you are struggling with or have questions about. UMM Wellness Center may be able to support you in making the choice that best fits your health and wellness process. Below is more information about resources available to you through the Wellness Center.
Available During Office Hours
- Free Condoms, Dental Dams and Lubricant
- Health and Wellness Library
- Information regarding health and wellness
Offered by Peer Health Educators
Love, Sex and Banana Splits
A floor program coordinated with residential life staff that provides sexual health information, education and of course, banana splits.
Love Your Body
Education and information on healthy self-esteem, positive self-concept and body image.
Coordinated with campus police, a program offering information and education on drunk driving.
Student Counseling Staff offers the following programs either by request or scheduled throughout the school year
Suicide Prevention and Awareness
Suicide is not an everyday topic of conversation, but it may be a concern on the minds of many… How can you help? What are the warning signs? How do you know when to step in and try to assist? The goal of the program is to reduce the stigma and fears that are associated with suicide and discuss various resources available for those concerned about the risk of suicide. This presentation is for both professionals and students and is presented at the beginning of both fall and spring semesters.
- Henry Fulda
- Bridget Joos
This is a four different workshops that can be presented as a series or individually.
- Bridget Joos
- What is stress?
- This session will focus on what stress is, how to recognize both negative and positive stress, and how pinpointing symptoms of stress will give you an opportunity to manage it better. Participants will leave the workshop with practical strategies to utilize in managing stress levels.
- Time Management 101
- Be better organized in academics and other parts of life. Set organization goals and accomplish them. Simplify your life and priorities.
- Positively Affirming
- This session will help individuals understand the need for positive affirmations and how to receive affirmation from one’s own self. Participants will leave with ways in which they can achieve positive affirmation in their life and how it aids in stress management.
- Relaxation 101
- Learn and practice strategies to reduce stress and anxiety through breathing , visualization, and yoga. This program is designed to give the participant simple techniques to use in short amounts of time.
Perform to your Potential
Get the grades you deserve. Showcase your abilities instead of keeping them hidden. This workshop is intended for students struggling with academics, athletes who want to improve their mental game, performers with stage fright, etc. Students are free to attend one, two or all three sessions.
- Erica Karger-Gatzow
- Perform to Your Potential Session 1: Increasing Motivation
- Elicit reasons for change, visualize the success you want and prepare to move forward by setting goals.
- Perform to Your Potential, Session 2: What’s Stopping You?
- Address issues that are putting up barriers to getting what you want, including negative thoughts, stress and fear.
- Perform to Your Potential, Session 3: Putting it to the Test
- Learn strategies to manage stress and anxiety during tests, performances, games and presentations.
Empowerment Workshop for Women
This series of workshops is designed to help women feel more empowered with who they are. We will discuss, support and brainstorm ways in which participants are able to see the world through an empowered perspective. This workshop is offered in both fall and spring semesters, you are not required to be at all 4 sessions but it is recommended.
- Bridget Joos
- Session 1 - What is empowerment?
- Session 2 - Confronting insecurity
- Session 3 - Self-Care
- Session 4 - Discovering your personal retreat