When personal challenges occur, different cultures have a variety of ways to deal with the problems. In the U.S., people sometimes seek help through counseling. The staff at Student Counseling are trained to help people work through personal difficulties.
What can you expect from a Counselor? Here are some examples:
- Listen and provide support
- Help you explore your concerns
- Possibly offer different perspectives on the situation
- Help you identify and explore your options
- Offer resources and referrals