The following resources are available for Student Veterans on the University of Minnesota, Morris campus...
24-hour crisis intervention, counseling
- VA Linkvet: 1-888-LINKVET (546-5838)
Calls are answered Monday through Friday from 7 a.m.–9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m. and Sunday from 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Veterans Crisis Line
Confidential help for Veterans and their families. The Veterans Crisis Line is a toll-free, confidential resource that connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring VA responders.
Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive free, confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, even if they are not registered with VA or enrolled in VA health care.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- VA Hospital—St. Cloud, MN 800-247-1739
- VA Clinic—Alexandria, MN 320-759-2640
- Courage to Care
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Veterans Resource Center. NAMI provides a comprehensive list of resources and information on a variety of topics related to military personnel, veterans, and their families.
- US Department of Veteran Affairs National Center for PTSD
- Resources for Veteran Students and Their Families
- DoD/VA Suicide Outreach
- After Deployment.org Wellness resources for the military community. Includes assessments and online workshops on various wellness topics.
- Half of Us: Student Veterans Students who served in the Iraq War speak out about the emotional challenges of adjusting to life back at home and the importance of finding support.