All Morris students who register for six or more credits must have health insurance coverage. You can choose between these options on the Health Plan Coverage section during registration:
- “I acknowledge that I will be enrolled in the University-sponsored Student Health Benefit Plan.”
- “I have health plan coverage that meets waiver requirements through one of the following.”
- “I have health plan coverage that meets waiver requirements through a company other than those listed above.”
If you choose “I have health plan coverage that meets waiver requirements through a company other than those listed above,” you will receive an email with information on how to submit a waiver application and certificate of insurance.
If you are an American Indian student registered with and covered by Indian Health Services, choose “I have a health plan coverage that meets waiver requirements through one of the following.” Then in the fields below enter as follows:
- Name of Insurance Company: Indian Health Services
- Health Plan Member ID Number: Student’s ID number
- Health Plan Group Number: 612-624-0627
If you’re bringing health insurance with you
If you’re bringing health insurance with you, carry a copy of your health insurance card at all times. If you’re insured through a family member’s policy, contact that insurance plan’s administrator and ask the following questions:
- What is the out-of-network (or out-of-state) medical coverage while attending Morris?
- How is off-campus, nonemergency health care covered?
- Whom should I contact and where should I seek treatment if Health Service providers refer me to a specialist in the Morris area?
- How can I get emergency coverage after hours or on weekends?
If you don’t have health insurance
All degree-seeking Morris students registered for six or more credits are eligible to participate in the University of Minnesota Student Health and Benefit Plan and the University Supplemental Dental Plan.
For information regarding insurance deadlines contact the Office of the Registrar.
Morris provides major medical insurance coverage for participants in intercollegiate athletics at no cost to participants. Participants are required to have insurance coverage that will pay for all of the first $7,500 of the medical expenses of any injury suffered while participating in games, meets, and practices. Coverage under family or other policy will not satisfy this requirement if it has a large deductible or a low maximum for such injuries.