University of Minnesota Morris


UMM Home > Academic Advising > Students - Making Changes

Changing Your Adviser or Your Major

To change your major/minor online click on the button below

To change your Adviser or
both your Major and Adviser
click on one of the buttons below

Adviser Changes
Prior to your first semester at UMM, you are asked to identify which majors interest you the most. This choice (including "undecided" or area of concentration) is entered into the computer system and used to generate APAS reports. The Advising Office staff assign you an adviser with expertise in your area of interest.

If you develop new academic interests or find faculty with whom you develop a special rapport, an adviser change is appropriate. Faculty may also request a change. Changing advisers requires the signature of the new adviser; if that faculty member's load is particularly high, s/he may ask you to wait until the end of the semester to make the change or refer you to another faculty member in that discipline.

To make a change students will need to fill out an Adviser/Major Change Request form which is available on-line or in the Advising Office in order to have the appropriate APAS report and adviser assignment on record. Changes will be reflected after overnight system updates.

Adviser Change Form

Major Changes
It's not at all uncommon for students to change their majors while attending UMM. Each time you wish to change your major, submit a completed Adviser/Major Change form which is available on-line or in the Advising Office. The new information will be entered into your record so that you will receive the correct tracking of your program through APAS. Changes will be reflected after overnight system updates.

We now offer students the option of submitting their change of major information on-line or they may print the form and return it to the Advising Office.

Major/Minor Change Form