The top 5 things to consider when planning a major in Theatre Arts
- The Theatre Experience (TH1101) is the first course in the major and offered only in fall semester. Students planning a Theater major or minor should ideally take this course in their first semester.
- Theatre 1101 includes a 2 hour per week practicum scheduled M-Th, 2:00 pm -5:00 pm. This gives students practical experience in various aspects of theatre production.
- Majors are required to participate in 6 productions, 4 of which must be faculty directed.
- A portfolio of student work, including achievements in theatre production, is formally presented in the 3rd year and students are encouraged to attend regularly scheduled Major Meetings.
- At least one para-programmatic experience such as an internship, study abroad, or a tour to London or New York City is required.