The Technology Help Desk is located in HFA 123 and provides assistance with computer software and hardware issues. The Help Desk is the primary contact for students, faculty and staff to get help with technology and to report issues with on-campus facilities.
The Help Desk is also available to faculty, staff and students for help and instruction in using online University of Minnesota systems as well as training and instruction with assorted academic-related software.
All of the services the Help Desk offers are provided free of cost for current students. The Help Desk also assists students in purchasing software provided at academic discounted rates through the University of Minnesota. Some of the most common tasks that the Help Desk can assist with:
- Software Installs
- Google Apps Support (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, etc.)
- Moodle Support
- Repair and Diagnosis for Students’ Personal Computers
- Deployment of new Staff/Faculty PC’s
- UofM Account Support (Password resets, Account Initialization, Parent/Guest Access)
- Smartphone Email Setup
- Wireless Connection Setup and Troubleshooting
This list is by no means exhaustive. If you’re having any troubles with anything technology related, the Help Desk should be your first stop towards getting your problem resolved.
There are multiple ways to contact the Help Desk:Help Desk